Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Contest and other things on my mind.

As the title says I am thinking about this contest that I am entering into twice a day everyday until the 18th of February. It is the HGTV Dream Home 2011 sweepstakes. You can write in entries as well but it would cost more money than I am willing to put up to do that. Stamps are insanely costly and each entry has to be hand written. They also have to be in individual envelopes. Winning this contest would be awesome and it would also ease some of my biggest stresses right now. After I am done taking care of my grandfather I don't know where I am going to end up or what I will be doing. *shrugs* I know I'll land on my feet. I always do some how but that doesn't stop me from worrying about it.

You see if I win the contest I can as for the cash prize instead of the house. Then I can turn around after paying the prize and/or income taxes on the money and buy the house I want nearby. Then I could live with my grandfather taking care of him while I renovate the place as needed. I could also take my time in decorating it. I love the 1950's Modern Atomic Age stuff. So clean lines, bright, bold colors, and lots of shiny things.

I know I don't want a fireplace. I do want a backyard just big enough for a pool and a green belt for dogs/kid. If I can't get the pool I at least want to have a large concrete patio and a green belt. I must have auto or easily made auto sprinkler systems for the yards. I fully expect to replace the roof with a metal one and have solar panels put in. Not because I am a 'greenie' but because the roof will last longer and the solar panels will cut down on bills.

I want to stay here in California but if the state keeps going down hill I may look into moving to Arizona, Nevada, or Colorado instead. I'd have to start over in finding friends which is scary because I don't make friends easy but it would allow for a lifestyle that would be easier over all. I mean come on California just out lawed the 100 watt light bulb. Like it is any of their business who uses them. People pay bills for a reason.

Anyway, I think I'll keep looking at the possibilities that I have a search for through Lyon Real Estate. Then I'll hit Re/Max and look at those other states I mentioned. After all there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment